Summer Holidays in Schladming
Enjoy your summer in the Planai-Hochwurzen region
In the Schladming-Dachstein Holiday Region, summer becomes a glorious natural spectacle. If you are looking to escape the hectic hustle and bustle of the city, here you will find peace & quiet, relaxation and, of course, lots of variety. Panoramic hikes and mountain tours, mountain-bike trails, adventure sports and more – Schladming offers the ideal form of outdoor recreation for practically everyone. Perhaps you would like to try your hand at paragliding, enjoy the mild summer breezes as you sail down the world’s first Alpine slide, or put your courage to the test on a high-ropes course at "Adventure Park Planai". One thing is guaranteed: Your summer holiday in Schladming is going to be unforgettably beautiful!
Hiking & Mountaineering
- "Premium Hiking Region" Schladming-Dachstein with countless clearly marked hikes & mountain tours
- Routes for all abilities: families, Sunday hikers & ambitious alpinists
- For your family holiday: Hopsiland Planai, Rittisberg Adventure Mountain, Sattelberg Eco Path,…
- Alpine summit tours & fixed-cable climbs mostly in the southern Dachstein area & Ramsau
- For long-distance hikers: Schladminger Tauern Höhenweg, Panoramaweg 100 & Dachstein Rundweg
- Summer mountain lifts: Planai, Hochwurzen, Hauser Kaibling, Reiteralm & Dachstein
- Refreshment stops at mountain huts to enjoy a mouthwatering selection of local specialties
MTB, E-Biking & Cycling
- 930 km of sign-posted bike tours in the Schladming-Dachstein Region
- Planai MTB trail with various levels of difficulty, for ambitious bike athletes
- Relaxing bike rides along the Enns Bike Path (263 km in total, 3 different variants, from Flachauwinkl in Salzburger Land to Enns in Upper Austria)
- Hotel Zirngast lies right on the R7 bike path
- Planai Downhill- & Bikepark : In total 12 km of trails varying in difficulty, from Planai summit down to the Planet Planai valley station
More Recreation Opportunities
- GCC Dachstein-Tauern: "Leading Golf Courses Austria", 18-hole golf course, driving range, Schladming-Dachstein Golf Safari with 4 top golf clubs (GC Radstadt, GCC Dachstein-Tauern, GCC Schloss Pichlarn & GLC Ennstal Weissenbach)
- Schladming Aquatic Center: indoor pool with 66 m slide channel, swimming lanes, baby pool and more, as well as a solar-heated outdoor pool with extra-wide slide, play stream…. massage services – just a 5-minute walk away
- For daredevils: action sports such as mountain go-carting, kayaking, rafting & canyoning, high-ropes course, paragliding etc.
- Zipline Stoderzinken: 2.5 km zipline, 700 m drop, speeds up to 115 km/h as high as 161 m above the ground
- Horseback riding opportunities in the region
All-inclusive during your summer holidays: Thanks to the Schladming-Dachstein SummerCard, your holidays are now twice as rewarding! Over 100 attractions in our holiday region are included for you in summer free of charge! You will also benefit from numerous discounts that are an added bonus of the card.
- Mountain lifts (Dachstein Glacier, Planai, Hochwurzen summit lift,…)
- Toll roads (Dachstein Road, Ursprungalm, Schwarzensee,…)
- Public transport (buses in Ramsau/Dachstein, hiking buses, hiking taxi in Haus im Ennstal,…)
- Swimming lakes & pools (Ramsau indoor pool, Schladming Adventure Pool, Pichl swimming lake,…)
- Museums (Admont Abbey Library & Museum, Schloss Trautenfels, Schladming Town Museum,…)
- Outdoor nature experiences ("Wild Waters", Wörschach Gorge, Divining-Rod Tour,…)
- Sports & hiking (INJOY Sports- & Wellnessclubs, guided glacier hike, Chi Gong,…)
- Children’s & family programs (Kids Forest Park Ramsau, Kids Adventure Park Gröbming, Wild Wild West,…)
- and more.